BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hyper Spooktacular

We took Lilly to the LA County Zoo's Spooktacular. Kids wear their costumes and the zoo has all of these vendors giving away all kinds of free booty. Loot everywhere. However, to our dismay, that included CANDY-lots of it. You can only imagine what it was like with thousands of costumed kids all hopped up on candy running all over the place. They were even freaking the animals out. It was like an unmonitored booby hatch. Now, I like kids. My chosen profession puts me in crazy situations with them all of the time and I manage not to loose it. But that day, I was ready to drop kick as many of them as I could get my foot under. And I am not even going to get into the altercation that almost went down with a pushy stroller mom who was going to mow me down so that her son could take my front row spot at the dolphin exhibit. All that said, call us gluttons for punishment, but we will still probably go next year. Maybe Lilly will be walking by then and she will be able to join in on the madness.

Because that's what you do when you have kids. You regularly, knowingly subject yourself to chaos. We did have a lot of laughs there. And, the Starbucks helped but it did not get us anywhere near the same energy level as all of those little monsters, I mean children.

Híper "Espectro-cular"

Llevamos a Lilly a el Zoológico del Condado De Los Angeles para la celebración, Espectro-cular. Los niños andan en disfras y el zoológico dispone a varios vendedores que también regalan todo tipo de cosas. Botín por todos lados. Desafortunadamente, todo ese Botín incluyía dulce, mucho mucho dulce. Se pueden imaginar como nos fue, con miles de niños, disfrazados e hiperactivos por tanto dulce, correteando por todos lados. Era como un asilo sin supervisión. Ahora, a mi me gustan los niños. Mi profesión me pone en situaciones locas con niños a cada rato, y mantengo la calma. Pero este día, estaba lista para darles una patada a todos los niños en mi alcance. Y ni les voy a contar de el pleito que casi tuve con una mama pesado con un cochecito que trato de aplastarme para quitarme el asiento de primera fila que tenia para le exhibición de los delfines. Y a pesar de todo esto, aunque pasamos momentos terribles, probablemente regresamos el próximo año. Quizas Lilly ya estara caminando, y podrá participar en estas locuras.

Porque esto es lo que uno hace cuando tiene hijos. Con toda voluntad, y con mucha regularidad te metes en situaciones que son puro caos. Si nos reímos mucho en este lugar. Y, el café de Starbucks me ayudo, pero no nos puso al mismo nivel de energía que tenían todos esos monstruos, que diga, niños.

0 comments: