BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Parents After 30

You wait and wait and wait until it seems like the right time to have kids and then one day you realize that you might have waited just a little bit too long. Don't get me wrong, the adrenaline is still rushing and the excitement keeps us going but the affects of having kids after 30 should be considered, when waiting.

It takes a toll. The other day Rene could barely lift Lilly because he had pulled a muscle in his shoulder. Then I bent down with her in my arms and hurt my back. Simultaneous moaning, but not in a good way. The state of affairs did make us chuckle though because it made us realize that we are no longer spring chickens.
I know what you are thinking, "The crazy part is yet to come." Don't worry though. I am actively training for the upcoming marathon called Lilly.

Padres después de cumplir 30 años

Esperas, y esperas y esperas hasta que parece ser el mejor momento para tener hijos y un día te das cuenta que, quizás esperamos mucho. No me mal interpretes, la adrenalina sigue corriendo, y la emoción nos mantiene, pero los efectos tener hijos después de cumplir tus 30 años debe ser tomado en consideración. Deja huellas. El otro día René casi ni podía levantar a Lilly porque se desgarro el hombro. Entonces fue que me agaché para levantarla y me lastimé la espalda. Gemidos simultáneos, pero no de manera buena. El estado de las cosas nos dio riza, porque nos dimos cuenta que ya no somos jóvenes como antes. Se lo que estas pensando, "La parte más dura nos queda adelante". Pero no se preocupen. Estoy entrenando para el maratón que sera Lilly.

1 comments:

Grandma Susie said...

Just wait until her first date or she wants to borrow the car, or she is home just a little bit late!!! These are the easy times (pulled muscles and all) I'm glad I'm the Grandma and don't have to ever say no!!! I love you all.
Grammy Susie