BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Our Mini Vacation

I have a pretty short summer but we wanted to make sure that we got out of town at least once. Rene went on Priceline and got a great deal on a room at Paradise Point. We had a super mellow time. We didn't worry about keeping schedules or setting agendas. The weather was nice and it wasn't crowded at all.

My grandpa recommended the aquarium at UCSD. It was pretty cool. There were plenty of hands-on areas. Lilly had a great time. It is not huge though. It is probably a third of the size of Aquarium of the Pacific. They did have tide pools, but Lilly was having no part in them. She has finally developed a mild fear of the unknown. As a mom, I think that is a good thing. It will keep her a little safer.

We brought the bikes and there was a beach 50 ft on one side of our room and a pool 50 ft on the other side.




P.S. We are sorry we didn't call anyone in the area. We decided we would just keep it the three of us for this trip.

1 comments:

SD Mom said...

I totally understand the need for alone time with the family! I feel like I don't quite get enough of it.