BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not Mommy's Choice



She was so upset that she stuck her finger in her nose. Maybe we should have gotten her a pirate costume since she seems set on diggin' for buried treasure. Aargh!




Everyone kept asking what I had picked for Lilly's Halloween costume. I happily answered, "a ladybug, of course." I would then go into telling them how much delight I took in choosing for her this year because I figured that this would probably be the last year that I got to pick out her costume.


These thoughts came about as I watched Nikki, with as much patience as anyone could be expected to muster, help 3 year old Robin finally decide which Disney Princess she wanted to be. It was a near impossible task. I knew, at that moment, that this very same experience was in my future. However, I didn't realize that it was a month in my future.


Lilly, as you can see, wanted NOTHING to do with the ladybug costume. I thought that maybe it was just that she didn't want to wear a costume at all. But nope. She just didn't want to wear that costume. Mommy's costume.


Out of shear luck, on Halloween night, Rene found another costume that was still in an unopened hand-me-down bag of clothes. (To all you wonderful hand-me-downers: THANK YOU! You are angels and you have saved yet another day!) Lilly put on the 101 Dalmatians costume and there was an instant change in attitude and she was raring to go.

Halloween 2007.
This has got to be Lilly's favorite holiday.
Whaddya think?

0 comments: