BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

All Hail the Stay-at-Home Mom

I will encounter a bitter sweet departure tomorrow. I go back to work. For the last two weeks I have been on vacation and have experienced what it is like to be a stay-at-home mom. I admit that I underestimated the amount of energy that goes into each and every second. Pure exhaustion. My pillow, at the end of the day, has never been so comforting. But don't get me wrong, although it sounds like I am complaining, I am really not. It has been wonderful to see her progress through milestones. A nice routine has been established which includes snuggling and nap time that I don't normally get. Through this I have realized that although babies always recognize and need their mothers, it is a different relationship when you are together on a daily basis. You become in sync. Tomorrow I have to give this up. I return to the stress ridden chaos of being a full-time working mom. I will miss her so much but balance has to be reachieved. I do enjoy being a working gal and take pride in being able to help provide for her. I commend those parents that are able to stay home and take care of their kids full time.

Todos Aclamemos a las Amas de Casa

Mañana tendré una partida agridulce. Regreso al trabajo. Las últimas 2 semanas e estado de vacación, y experimenté lo que es ser ama de casa. Puedo admitir que sub-estimé toda la energía que requiere cada minuto y cada segundo. Es puro agotamiento. Mi almohada, al fin del día, nunca la sentí tan cómoda. Pero no me mal interpreten, aunque sueno como si me estoy quejando, no es cierto. A sido un placer verla llegar a tantos hitos en su vida. Una rutina linda a sido establecida, con cosas que nunca tengo la oportunidad de disfrutar, como acurrucándonos en la cama, tomar siestas. Por estas experiencias e aprendido que aunque un bebe siempre reconoce y necesitan a sus mamas, es una relación muy distinta cuando pasas todo el día juntas. Te sincronizas, la una a la otra. Mañana tendré que dejar todo esto. Regreso a la vida estresada y caótica de ser una mamá que trabaja. La voy a extrañar tanto, pero el balance tiene que ser re-establecido. Me gusta ser chica que trabaja, y me da orgullo poder contribuir a nuestro hogar. Encomiendo a esos padres que se pueden quedar en casa para cuidar a sus hijos.

0 comments: