BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh No! Not Mom Jeans!

I don't know what happened. I became a mother and my idea of fun changed drastically. The wiring is all switched up. Previous to having Lilly, you couldn't have forced me by gun point to go to an activity like a "Cookie Exchange." But there I found myself. Mother and daughter, sipping hot cocoa, having polite conversations with a group of baking, female teachers. It begins here, the slippery slope into wearing seasonally shaped earrings and sweaters with "ABC 123" (no offense Smitha) on them. This cannot happen! I give all of you permission to "B" slap me hard if that ever, ever, ever happens! As for the "Mom Jeans," that I one day purchased during a haze of hormonal confusion, I plan on conducting a self-intervention by burning them.

I might be a mom but I DO NOT need to look like a mom. I will just need to follow the lead of my MILF friend Nikki and make sure that I find time to do things that make me feel good about myself (like putting in the effort to find a pair of jeans that do not come all the way up past my waistline and that flatten my already flat butt). My new mantra: I am a MILF! It really is a good way to go. A happy mom makes for a happy family.

(It is hard to tell but that tree has about a thousand bears on it and I am sure that the owner probably has more than one Christmas sweater to match.)


Hay No! No Los Jeans de Mama!

No se lo que paso. Me hice una mama y mis ideas de diversión se cambiaron drásticamente. Mis alambres están todos cruzados. Antes de tener a Lilly, ni a las fuerzas con una pistola me pudieras haber convencido de ir a una actividad como un “Intercambio de Galletas”. Pero, ahí me encontré un día. Hija y madre, tomando chocolate caliente, teniendo conversaciones amables con un grupo de profesoras a quienes les gusta cocinar con el horno (o sea, pasteles, galletas, tortas, etc). Aquí empiezan la cosas, el precedente peligroso antes de llegar a usar los aritos para cada celebración (como la navidad, Halloween, etc), y ponerse suéter que dice “ABC 123” enfrente (no trato de ofenderte Smitha – una amiga de Laurie). Esto no puede pasar! Les doy a todos permiso de darme una bofetada si en algún momento me ponga esas cosas. Y, acerca de los jeans estilo “mama” que un día compré durante un bruma de hormonas, planeo tener una intervención personal y quemarlos. (Estos jeans son los que son apretaditos en las piernas, y se abrochan arriba de la cintura, que no tienen mucho estilo)

Es cierto que soy una mamá, pero no tengo que parecer como una mamá. Tendré que seguir el ejemplo de mi amiga MILF (esto es referencia a una película, American Pie. Es decir una mama sexy), Nikki, y asegurarme que tomo el tiempo de hacer cosas para mi misma que me hacen sentir bien. Por ejemplo, asiendo el esfuerzo de encontrar jeans que no suben mas arriba de mi cintura y que aplastan mis nalgas ya aplastadas. Mi nueva mantra: ¡Yo soy una MILF! De veras es buena manera de ser, una mama feliz hace una familia feliz.

(Cuesta verlo, pero ese árbol tiene como un millón de osos, y estoy segura que la dueña tiena mas que un suéter que le matize con el árbol).

2 comments:

knaubs said...

We are SO going shopping next week!

Anonymous said...

No offense taken! The current "me" would have b slapped my then me! I know...I went to a cookie exchange for the first time this year too! But get this...it was co-ed with alcohol thanks to Corinne's brilliant inventiveness (not a word?).