BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Mommy Needs Just 5 More Minutes

Man I love this baby but sometimes, whoooooo, my patience is tested. She raises complete "H" when I try to take her shopping. I think she would rather shop online. But no dice. No time. Arrgh! You catch my drift. Christmas shopping is going to be a "B" word this year. Thank goodness for help!!!!!!!

For those of you who do not have a kid yet, let me share this with you: YOU ARE TAKING YOUR PREBABY TIME (and your abs) FOR GRANTED! Rene's mom watched Lilly for me so that I could get down to business and do some serious Christmas shopping. It felt so different. I took my time. I got coffee. I could go to the restroom. I could get in and out of doors. I didn't smell like puke. It was great! I know this sounds selfish but it really worked out for both of us. Lilly got plenty of grandma time in a warm snugly house. She wouldn't have enjoyed the insanity of Christmas shopping two weeks 'til D-Day anyway.

Speaking of insanity...I noticed that I was talking to myself in public. I have gotten so used to talking out loud about anything to Lilly, that it didn't go away when she was not with me. I caught myself talking through the wrapping combination that would perfectly define me as a person. Yep. I'm nuts.
She is already peeking at the presents. But then again, she thinks that the bags are the presents.

Mami Necesita Solo 5 Minutitos Más

Puchica, en realidad amo mucho a este bebe, pero a veces, oooofa, me prueba la paciencia. Armó un gran berrinche cuando trate de llevarla de compras. Creo que ella prefiere que yo compre las cosas por el Internet. Pero no se puede, no me queda tiempo. Aah, ustedes me entienden. Hacer las compras de Navidad este año va a ser perro. Pero gracias a dios, ¡¡hay ayuda!!

Para ustedes que no tienen hijos, dejen que comparte esto con ustedes: ¡DAN POR HECHO SU TIEMPO LIBRE (y sus músculos abdominales)! Mi suegra me cuido a la niña para que pudiera ir al grano y completar las compras navideñas en serio. Lo sentí tan distinto. Tome mi tiempo. Compre un café. Pude ir al baño. Pude entrar y salir de las puertas muy fácilmente. No hedía a vómitos. Era fenomenal. Se que esto suena egoísta, pero nos fue muy bien a las dos. Lilly aprovechó de mucho tiempo con su abuela, en una casa calientita y cómoda. No le hubiese gustado la locura de comprar regales 2 semanas antes de Navidad.

Hablando de las locuras…. Me fijé que me estaba hablando a mi misma, en público. Me he acostumbrado tanto a hablar en voz alta con Lilly sobre todo, que no se me quitó el hábito cuando no estaba con migo. Me encontré a mi misma hablando sobre las combinaciones de papel para envolver regalos que define mi carácter exacto. A-ja. Estoy loca.

Ya esta tratando de descubrir sus regales. Pero, bueno, ella piensa que las bolsas son los regalos..

0 comments: